Sunday, July 31, 2011

Do Mexican, Argentine style

Ah, Sunday, the day of rest. I really took this lesson to heart, not doing anything all day long. It was beautiful. I just sat in my room and watched trashy Spanish television (because nothing teaches you a language faster than watching Julio get bitch-slapped by Gloria for cheating with Marisol). For lunch we had empenadas and during siesta, I watched more trashy television before going out with a friend to Carrefour, which is like Wal-Mart: Argentina Edition. There we discovered an entire corner of the store dedicated to booze (as well as at the registers where there are usually sodas). I've now discovered why siestas are so important to these people - everybody is in a constant hangover! Our trip to Carrefour also resulted in our discovery of High School Musical: El Desafio. It's basically the High School Musical the we all love to hate, accept with an Argentine Cast. I couldn't handle it and decided right then and there that we needed to GTFO on the double.

We played in the park for a bit, just kicking the 'futbol' around, with moves that could rival the World Cup Finals, and then broke for dinner. A big group had decided to eat at "Taco Tabasco" which had the Mexican food that a large portion of the group was craving (things like nachos with cheese which is a delicacy that isn't really big here). It was actually pretty good and just as rich as the rest of the food here.

I left before everyone else (story of my life) because it was getting late and we have another day of orientation tomorrow at 9 (which is beginning to look more and more un-Godly the more I wake up at 11:30).

Let's see what another day brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment