Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Are you telling me I can't siesta!?

Another busy day taking on the city of Mendoza. It started bright and early with a tour of the city that was led by the program. It was nice and all, but I feel as though it was a bit redundant at this point seeing as we had all already found our own ways around the city. We went around most of the major areas, and they pointed out where the best, cheapest places to shop were. Afterwards, we had about 2 hours until our Spanish classes, so a group decided that we would wait around, and then buy lunch at a restaurant. At first the group was set on finding a place with burritos, but after some thought, we decided that we were all feeling far too lazy to actually hunt those elusive creatures down, so we settled for Italian. Lunch was good, rich, and fulling! Afterwards, I really wanted to siesta, but, alas, some deranged lunatic scheduled my Spanish classes to be from 1:10-3or4! That's smack-dab in the middle of the greatest national pastime! Who was the sadistic maniac who thought that was a good idea!?!? I want a name! Now, instead of sleeping, I get to study the Spanish language for 3 or 4 hours. What a trade!

After Spanish, I hung around and talked to a friend before heading home (stopping once to buy a few things from the store). It's beginning to warm up over here, but we've all been warned not to get our hopes up as another cold front is expected to come in on Thursday. Aw, crap! I was so looking forward to a day without wearing my pajamas under my street clothes (which I do for added layers without shame).

Tomorrow I get to sleep in a little bit before heading over to a quick orientation and then another fun couple hours of Spanish. I also need to keep working on credit approvals/class times. It's really a pain! and I thought registration at DU was troublesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment