Saturday, August 6, 2011

Have you ever had a ringtone that was almost too epic?

Last night was the perfect idea of a night out... for me. A few of us met up and waited for the remainder of our group. While we were waiting, some people who worked for the campaign of some presidential candidate (it's election season down here) came up to us and tried to hand us fliers, asking if we were registered Argentine voters... Do we sound like we're registered Argentine voters? I explained to her (in two different languages) that we were not, in fact, from here, and she paused, looked at us, said "Oh?" and kept walking away. Her friends with her all stared at us too before moving right along. What were they looking at? No seriously, what were they looking at? After that fun little encounter, went to look for bar or some place to hang out. At one bar, the guy at the front door talked to us in English as if we were 4 years old. We really wanted to tell him (in Spanish) to shut the hell up and that we could understand him perfectly seeing as we spoke better English than he did, but instead we just left and went to a restaurant for drinks. I got a dulce de leche milkshake (have I mentioned that they've found ways of putting dule de leche in everything? Because they have). We hung around and chatted and eventually separated; Kathy and I left for our squeaky clean night of movie watching, and Brian and Elizabeth went out drinking. Afterwards, I walked home and went to bed. I repeat, my version of a perfect night out.

I woke up at 11:30 the next morning, and proceeded to to absolutely nothing with my day. I watched videos and chatted on the computer. This is what I call, "Living It Up". Anyway, after lunch, I took a siesta (hello old friend! how I have missed you) and then made plans to get dinner with Bryan, Kathy and Elizabeth and the boy that Elizabeth had met the previous night. At first I felt like picking up a Mendocinian guy your second week in was probably not the best idea... but then the guy showed up and that became a non-issue. Girl did well. He was good looking, sweet, and patient with our broken Spanish. All I have to say is "Get at that."

As fun as dinner was with our new friend, I had to leave early (I'm telling you, that is the literal story of my life) because a group of us are planning on going hiking tomorrow. The bus leaves at 8:25am which means I have to wake up at 6:15am (shriek of horror) to give myself enough time to get ready and meet up with everyone. To be honest, I don't know if I have the willpower to crawl out of bed, but we'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment