Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My computer is a tricky little bastard

Short days, long days, they’re all beginning to look the same to me. Today, after my usual morning routine, I headed off to Spanish class where all four classes spent an hour together looking at a Power Point about Gauchos and their significance to Argentina. An hour. An HOUR!!! I could have found a YouTube clip that would have covered the same material in a quarter of the time. But seriously people! While sitting in our misery, Elizabeth and I began plotting ways to make a scene in an effort to liven things up. I was all for “falling out of my chair” but at the last minute I decided that the second hour of class was going to be a ‘talent show’ outside so I should just shut the hell up and deal with it. For the talent show, many people sang, two danced, a guy rapped, some karate was done, we had a harmonica player, and I did a little tumbling (no big deal). Afterwards, I went home for lunch for once, and then relaxed on my computer while I waited until my next class, tango.

I met up with Elizabeth and we walked to class together, where we found that there was apparently some confusion about class times. We arrived ten minutes into one class and there was apparently also another class an hour later. Since the class we were in was later than usual, the students in that one went with the later class as well and we all worked together on our fancy footwork. It’s getting easier, but tango is for sure much harder than it looks. After class, we walked into the city and then hopped a trolley home, which was a near hellish experience because it was so crowded that people were waiting on the steps of the entry doors. Not healthy my friends. I finally got home, Skyped with my friend Craig, had dinner and then just got ready for bed.

I think I’m getting sick over here (my host mom and some of my friends are getting sick as well), so it was hard to focus most of the day, which is why this blog post is so short (and probably full of errors). I think the best thing for me now is to just go to bed and hopefully sleep it off. See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment